Tax Attorneys , CPAs, IRS Officials Speaking at UCLA Tax Controversy Institute on Tuesday, Oct. 25, 2011
The UCLA Tax Controversy Institute is the preeminent conference in the United States dedicated to tax controversy and tax litigation. This year it will be held on Tuesday, Oct. 25th beginning at 8:30 AM. This year IRS speakers include:
• Sandra Brown, Chief, Tax Division, United States Attorney's Office (C.D. Cal.)
• Deborah Butler, Associate Chief Counsel, Procedure and Administration, IRS, Washington, D.C.
• Faris Fink, Commissioner, Small Business / Self-Employed Division, IRS, Washington, D.C.
• Victor Song, Chief, Criminal Investigation, IRS, Washington, D.C.
• Chris Wagner, Chief, National Office of Appeals, IRS, Washington, D.C.
Dennis Brager of Brager Tax Law Group, A PC will be one of the many private practitioners including tax lawyers, CPAs, and Enrolled Agents who will be sharing the platform with IRS officials. Dennis will be speaking on the following panel:
Ongoing examinations of E-Filers are intended to ensure that they are in compliance with all of the E-filing rules. In the event the tax practitioner is determined by the IRS agent to be in non-compliance, the IRS may sanction the tax practitioner which sanctions can run from a written reprimand to suspension to even expulsion.
This panel will discuss the IRS audits of E-Filers, the process of imposing sanctions and what steps practitioners should take to minimize sanctions and avoid them in the future.